Thursday 13 August 2015

What I Eat In A Day As A Vegan, Gluten Free 11 Year Old!


Hi Guys

Today I'm going to be showing you what I eat in an average day. I thought this would be helpful for people who are looking to change their diet to a more animal friendly, environmentally friendly and human body friendly one! I hope you enjoy it.

Breakfast: For breakfast I normally have something quick. Today I whipped up a batch of nutella pancakes, these are really quick and easy to make (they take under 10 minutes) you just put everything in a food processor. You could also make these, cook them and then freeze them ready to be popped in the toaster if you're really in a rush! The recipe is below.


Nutella Pancakes (serves 1):
  • 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 cup chocolate plant milk (either almond, coconut or hazelnut)
Simply put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and combine! Then fry in a teaspoon of coconut oil until browned on both sides. I top mine with chunks of raw chocolate, hazlenuts, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries and a squirt of agave nectar.



Lunch: We often use up leftovers for weekday lunches. Today I had potato, leek and courgette tray bake with stir fried kale, quinoa and lentils, with a side of spicy chilli mushy peas! I use Hot Smoky Bastard sauce to make the peas so I will share the recipe with you!


Spicy Chilli Peas:
  • 3 cups frozen peas
  • 1 tbsp chilli oil (or you can use chilli flakes mixed with olive or coconut oil)
  • 1 tbsp Hot Smoky Bastard Original sauce (buy from www.hotsmokybastard.com)
  • 1/2 lemon (juice and zest)
  • handful mint leaves
  • salt and pepper
Heat some water until boiling, then add your peas. Cook until they're soft (about 5 minutes). Then drain off all of the water. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 2 minutes until bubbling slightly. At this point, take the pan off the heat and use either a food processor (if you want them really smooth) or a hand blender (if you like them chunky like me) to blend the into mushy peas! It's so easy and they're AMAZING!



Dinner: For dinner we had cauliflower rice from A Modern Way To Cook by Anna Jones, this is one of my favourite quick teas! I'm not going to say too much about it, you'll have to buy the book to find out!



Snacks: I always snack LOADS throughout the day as if you're vegan you have to eat a lot seeing as you aren't getting your calories from meat/dairy, and plant foods are lower in calories! Today I had some conscious chocolate (orange flavour) and a booja booja ice cream cookie sandwich made out of booja booja ice cream and vegan gluten free digestives! I also eat lots of fruit throughout the day every day.





No comments:

Post a Comment