Saturday 10 October 2015

What I Eat In A Day (2) AND Chia Seed Pudding Recipe!


Hello

Today I'm going to show you what I eat in a normal school day. I love reading posts like this and watching videos on youtube so I thought it would be interesting for you all to see a typical day in my diet, especially as so many people always ask me 'what do you actually eat???'. 

I often make my breakfast the night before as it can be a rush to get everything ready for school in the morning, so I make things like this chia seed pudding so its really quick for me to grab and eat! This saves loads of time, especially as my friend comes to my house early in the morning so we can take her to school. Breakfasts like this feel like a treat as they're chocolatey and sweet but are so much better for you than having a chocolatey cereal like coco pops. This is full of fibre, protein and magnesium as well as healthy fats to keep you full until lunch time. 




You Will Need:

  • 4 tbsps chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (I used chocolate almond milk to make it super chocolatey)
  • 1 tbsp cacao
  • 2 tbsps agave nectar
  • Whatever toppings you want! I like fresh berries, flaked almonds and cacao nibs.

Simply mix all of your ingredients together, except the toppings, and place in the fridge overnight or for atleast 4 hours until it's thickened. Now add your toppings and enjoy!


For lunch I take a packed lunch to school (as most schools don't cater for glutenfree sugar free vegans, strangely!). I always pack quite a big lunch as I find that when you don't eat meat or dairy, you don't get those big bulk calories in one item (plantbased foods are low in calories in comparison to animal products) so you have to eat a lot if you're vegan! Also we don't eat lunch until 20 past 1 so I'm always starving by then.






 For lunch that day I had:

A cauliflower kofta, salad and hummus wrap. I used BeFree wraps, they're my favourite gluten-free wraps as a lot of them have dried egg and milk in! These wraps are 100% plant based and also aren't dry like a lot of gluten-free bread products are. I'm going to post the recipe to my cauliflower kofta's in a separate post so keep an eye out for that.
I also had an orange, some grapes and a nutty flapjack as dessert. Again, I'm going to post the recipe to the flapjack separately. As well as this I always bring a big 1 litre bottle of water with me, which I make sure to drink all of it before I finish school.

After school I'm always hungry when I get home, so I'll make myself a big fruit plate to share with my mum or sister. Here is an example of one.



For dinner I love having these huge simple tray bakes. They're a great way to use up veggies and also make sure you're getting all of your five a day. They're also really quick and easy to make and throw in the oven so perfect for busy after school evenings.


This one was made of chickpeas (these are amazing roasted in the oven!), potatoes, carrots, peppers, fennel and basil leaves. Alongside it I had my favourite sesame seed asparagus and mint chilli crushed peas. Again, I'll be uploading the recipes for these another time.


In the winter we always like to have a hearty pudding after our meals. However this is a twist on a traditional crumble as it has no gluten, sugar or dairy so it is completely nutritious and great for you! This is a blackberry and apple crumble, using the last of the blackberries from the field behind our house and cooking apples from our garden! Please let me know if you'd like to see the recipe for this.


I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you'd like to make them a regular thing - maybe I could do one a week or one every other week? 

Love Moo x

















No comments:

Post a Comment