Monday 27 July 2015

Festival What I Eat In A Day/How To Stay Healthy At A Festival!


Hi everyone.

This weekend I went to WOMAD Festival, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to show you all what I ate/how I stay healthy at a festival! We went in a campervan with a stove, which meant we were able to take breakfast foods with us to cut down on cost and make sure there was food we could eat in the mornings. I find that breakfast is the hardest thing to find at a food stall if you have intolerances or an unusual diet, as they often just sell the usual bacon and egg cobs etc. I'm going to start this blog post with a list of food we took with us and snacks we prepared the day before leaving. If you are on a tight budget this should give you some ideas as to what meals you can prepare easily while camping. I mainly took tinned stuff as its easy to reheat!

Food to pack:
  • pasta
  • tinned tomatoes
  • tinned beans
  • homemade ratatouille (made the day before and reheated on the stove)
  • oats for porridge
  • pancakes (made the day before and reheated)
  • almond milk for porridge
  • porridge toppings (I took walnuts, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, date syrup and dark chocolate)
  • energy balls (recipe already in a previous post)
  • chocolate coconut milk (great for making sure you're getting enough calcium)
  • smoothies in cartons
  • fruit (apples, bananas, oranges)
  • multipacks of popcorn
  • condiments (I love Hot Smoky Bastard sauce! You can get it from https://hotsmokybastard.com/)
  • nakd bars to take into the festival grounds as snacks
That is roughly what we took with us, we ate breakfast in the van everyday and dinner one day (pasta with the warmed up ratatouille). Having porridge in the mornings was great as it gave me lots of energy to burn throughout the day and meant I was full until lunchtime. Now I'm going to show you a what I ate for the full day. 

Breakfast: porridge made with almond milk and 1 mashed banana stirred in, topped with walnuts, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, date syrup and half a square of dark chocolate. A peach and passionfruit smoothie to make sure I get my fruit fix!


Mid-morning snack: chia and cacao energy balls and an apple.


Lunch: spiced potato and garlic dosa with bhel poori, and some onion bhaji's on the side with mango chutney.



Pudding: chocolate coconut milk with some salted popcorn! These are perfect for taking to festivals for quick snacks as the milk doesn't need to be chilled and will satisfy any sweet cravings without the need for loads of sugar.



Afternoon snack: fresh fruit smoothie with chia seeds (ingredients: mango, banana, apple juice, pineapple and chia seeds)

We had pasta for dinner in the van which I forgot to take a photo of! It was wholemeal gluten free pasta topped with homemade ratatouille, and tender stem broccoli on the side. 

I also made sure I drank lots of water throughout the day as it was hot and its very easy to forget to stay hydrated at a festival. 

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and it gave you some ideas for what to take to a festival with you!

Love Moo x

No comments:

Post a Comment